Wednesday 7 June 2023

Thought for Wedneday, 7 June 2023

PSALM 145:17-20

The Lord is righteous in everything he does; he is filled with kindness.

  The Lord is close to all who call on Him, yes, to all who call on Him sincerely.  He fulfils the desires of all who fear him; He hears their cries for help and rescues them. The Lord protects all those who love Him, but He destroys the wicked. 

Apologies for putting out Monday’s thought with the wrong date at the top.  It’s been a wee while since I’ve had to play my ‘auld age doesn’t come on its own’ card.  I’m guessing it won’t be the last time!!! 

In this age of ‘customer service’, some companies provide access to one of their advisors ‘24/7, i.e. 24 hours each day, 7 days a week.  Now this sounds really good usually until the time comes when you have to access this service.  Does any of this seem familiar?

·       ‘we’re experiencing abnormally high call volumes at the moment so you may have to wait a little bit longer than usual to speak to an advisor’

·       ‘All our advisors are busy, please try again later’ 

For some of these services there are lots of options offered where you have to punch in the number of the option that comes closest to the nature of your enquiry and even after all that, there might not be an option that matches your enquiry.  It’s not the first time after going through this palaver that I’ve had to hang up and begin the process all over again.  I’m struggling to remember a time calling services like this when I got through to speak to someone right away.  

When I call a certain member of my own family, no matter when, it almost always goes to voicemail.  I always get a call back….eventually.  By that time I’ll probably have forgotten why I called in the first place. 

Having God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit in our lives always gives us someone to turn to through prayer no matter what it is that is concerning us, no matter what time of day or night.  As the old children’s hymn we used to sing reminds us ‘God is always near me, hearing what I say; knowing all my thoughts and deeds, all my work and play. God is always near me, In the darkest night, He can see me just the same. As by midday light. 

It's so comforting having this option in our lives where we can just speak to our heavenly Father knowing he will hear us.  He may not necessarily give us what we ask for but he will give us what we need.  We need to believe in Him and be sincere when approaching Him as our reading tells us.  We will get through right away and he will listen. 

Prayer - Heavenly Father, we come to You through your son Jesus to bring You thanks and praise for Your never-ending love for us.  We thank you that there are many places in Your Word, the Bible, that tell us You will never leave or forsake us during the times when our burdens seem more than we can carry.  In fact, You tell us that You are always near and that we should call upon You no matter where or no matter when.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment